From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MTRR setting? Where could I have put it?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 01:30:00
1 On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 12:22:17AM +0100, Penguin Lover Volker Armin Hemmann squawked:
2 > On Mittwoch 21 Januar 2009, Willie Wong wrote:
3 > > Hi list:
4 > >
5 > > I need some help with my memory.
6 > >
7 > > Recently when I quit the X server, the following can be seen in the
8 > > sys log:
9 > >
10 > > Jan 20 18:06:34 e-nibbles mtrr: no MTRR for e8000000,2000000 found
11 > >
12 > > and on the TTY where I issued X init, a similar message is shown,
13 > > but the message is not echoed in /var/log/Xorg.0.log
14 > >
15 > > Now, I remember having entered something like that somewhere way
16 > > back, when I was using the ATI drivers for my laptop (instead of the
17 > > radeon drivers from Xorg). The problem is, I cannot remember where
18 > > such a line would possibly go! Does anyone have any ideas where I
19 > > can start searching?
20 > >
21 > don't do it. Just don't do that. It should not be necessary. Instead look at
22 > the mtrr cleanup options in make menuconfig.
23
24 Yes, my point exactly! That *should not* be necessary any longer, so I
25 am trying to figure out where I might have put this thing which I
26 remembered having manual inserted so I can undo the damage.
27
28 Also, what is this MTRR cleanup option? I can't seem to find it?
29
30 W
33 Q: What's grey and proves the nondenumerability of the Reals?
34 A: Cantor's Diagonal Elephant
35 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 775 days, 12 min