From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Failed to emerge media-libs/libprojectm-0.99-r1
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:45:02
1 On Sunday 19 April 2009 18:13:19 John P. Burkett wrote:
2 > glConsole.cc:50:23: error: FTGL/FTGL.h: No such file or directory
3 > In file included from glConsole.cc:51:
4 > /usr/include/FTGL/FTGLPixmapFont.h:29:5: warning: #warning This header
5 > is deprecated. Please use <FTGL/ftgl.h> from now.
6
7 There's your error. I'll bet you are using incompatible versions of
8 libprojectm and ftgl - the case of the header file names are different.
9
10 I don't know the packages, so I would try downgrade ftgl through lower and
11 lower versions till you find one that works. Or maybe upgrade libprojectm till
12 you find one that works.
13
14 Two sources of information that are valuable in cases like this:
15
16 Check bugs.gentoo.org
17 Read the ebuilds (all versions) to find what blockers are in place.
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com