From: "John P. Burkett" <burkett@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Failed to emerge media-libs/libprojectm-0.99-r1
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 19:04:48
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sunday 19 April 2009 18:13:19 John P. Burkett wrote:
3 >> glConsole.cc:50:23: error: FTGL/FTGL.h: No such file or directory
4 >> In file included from glConsole.cc:51:
5 >> /usr/include/FTGL/FTGLPixmapFont.h:29:5: warning: #warning This header
6 >> is deprecated. Please use <FTGL/ftgl.h> from now.
7 >
8 > There's your error. I'll bet you are using incompatible versions of
9 > libprojectm and ftgl - the case of the header file names are different.
10 >
11 > I don't know the packages, so I would try downgrade ftgl through lower and
12 > lower versions till you find one that works. Or maybe upgrade libprojectm till
13 > you find one that works.
14 >
15 > Two sources of information that are valuable in cases like this:
16 >
17 > Check bugs.gentoo.org
18 > Read the ebuilds (all versions) to find what blockers are in place.
19 >
20 Alan,
21 Thank you very much for your diagnosis and suggestion. Having no
22 experience downgrading packages, I'm not certain how to implement the
23 proposal to downgrade ftgl. The approach I tried is the following:
24 I created a /usr/portage/package.mask file containing the line
25 =media-libs/ftgl-2.1.3_rc5
26 and then did
27 emerge -C ftgl
28 which removed ftgl-2.l.3_rc5.
29 Then I did
30 emerge ftgl
31 expecting to get a lower version. Instead, ftgl-2.l.3_rc5 was emerged
32 again.
33 So, if you'll forgive such a basic question, how should ftgl be downgraded?
34
35 John
40 John P. Burkett
41 Department of Economics