From: Simon Prosser <admin@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help with screen turning off
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 02:35:59
1 On Wednesday 26 April 2006 02:55, Teresa and Dale wrote:
2 > Geoff wrote:
3 > >Can anyone tell me where the settings are that controls the video
4 > >signal
5 > >to the screen. My screen goes off (but still has power on after about 5
6 > >minutes and I want it to stay on all the time. I have no screen saver or
7 > >anything set.
8 >
9 > If it is in a GUI, check your xorg.conf file. If it is a server and you
10 > are in text or command line, try man setterm and look for powersave.
11 > That should help. In the past, I added mine to ~/.bash_login to make
12 > sure it would take effect like I wanted. It should stay set though.
13 > You can also by using .bash_login and .bash_logout make it cut off when
14 > you are not logged in but stay on when you are. That will help with
15 > messing up your screen, if it still will.
16 >
17 > Hope that helps.
18 >
19 > Dale
20 >
22 setterm -blank 0
23 --
24 [While eating a pancake]
25 Stewie Griffin: OH. mmm yes oh god this is better than SEX.
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list