From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help with screen turning off
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 02:03:17
1 Geoff wrote:
2
3 >Can anyone tell me where the settings are that controls the video
4 >signal
5 >to the screen. My screen goes off (but still has power on after about 5
6 >minutes and I want it to stay on all the time. I have no screen saver or
7 >anything set.
12 If it is in a GUI, check your xorg.conf file. If it is a server and you
13 are in text or command line, try man setterm and look for powersave.
14 That should help. In the past, I added mine to ~/.bash_login to make
15 sure it would take effect like I wanted. It should stay set though.
16 You can also by using .bash_login and .bash_logout make it cut off when
17 you are not logged in but stay on when you are. That will help with
18 messing up your screen, if it still will.
19
20 Hope that helps.
21
22 Dale