From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Problem with xf86-video-ati & nvidia-drivers
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 23:30:11
1 >>>> I was thinking about this.  The digital HDMI signal must be converted
2 >>>> into an analog signal at some point if it's being represented as light
3 >>>> on a TV screen.  Electrical interference generated by the computer and
4 >>>> traveling up the HDMI wire should have its chance to affect things
5 >>>> (i.e. create weird shadows) at that point, right?
6 >>>
7 >>> Not with DFPs.  Those work digital even internally.  I assume of course that
8 >>> his HDMI TV *is* a DFP.
9 >>
10 >> But at some point the 1s and 0s must be converted to some sort of an
11 >> analog signal if only right behind the diode.  A diode must be
12 >> presented with a signal in some sort of analog form in order to
13 >> illuminate, right?  Digital is just a figment of our imagination after
14 >> all.
15 >
16 > Sure, but that couldn't introduce ghosting as shown in the picture.
17 > Ghosting represents the image being offset in its intended raster
18 > coordinates. By the time a diode is turned on or off, the decision if
19 > which diode a signal goes to has already been made.
20
21 True, but *is* that D/A conversion made right behind each diode?
22
23 - Grant