From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: DVD Movie backups
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 12:46:56
1 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > On Saturday 17 December 2011 22:32:07 Michael Mol wrote:
4 >
5 > > Photo-CD, perhaps?
6 >
7 > Seems likely, especially as it was made by a professional wedding
8 > photographer. What do I need to read it? The Wikipedia article doesn't lead
9 > me anywhere.
10
11 Illegal mode for this track is an error code that cannot happen with DVDs...
12
13 It is unlikely that today photo-CDs are written. It is more likeky a Picture CD.
14
15 Mkisofs and cdrecord can write Photo-CDs and Picture CDs. The man pages contain
16 related information ;-) Check for CD-ROM-XA in the text.
17
18 If you cannot mount this media type, this is a result from missing features in
19 the driver. I added a related to the Solaris filesystem driver in 1992, so I
20 would exptect to see related features in Linux also.
21
22 You need support in the filesystem driver and in the CD-ROM driver to get
23 support for CD-ROM-XA.
24
25 Jörg
28 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin