From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: DVD Movie backups
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:59:53
1 On Sunday 18 December 2011 12:45:44 Joerg Schilling wrote:
2
3 > Illegal mode for this track is an error code that cannot happen with
4 > DVDs...
5
6 That eliminates one thing then.
7
8 > It is unlikely that today photo-CDs are written. It is more likeky a
9 > Picture CD.
10
11 Ah. I haven't come across those.
12
13 > If you cannot mount this media type, this is a result from missing
14 > features in the driver. I added a related to the Solaris filesystem
15 > driver in 1992, so I would exptect to see related features in Linux
16 > also.
17 >
18 > You need support in the filesystem driver and in the CD-ROM driver to get
19 > support for CD-ROM-XA.
20
21 I've tried every option I can think of in the kernel config but I still get
22 the same error. Any other ideas? Thanks for help so far.
25 Rgds
26 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23