From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: More lvm2 questions
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 23:49:16
1 On 04/29/2012 03:57 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:53:57 -0700, walt wrote:
3 >
4 >> Also, I notice that a /run directory on tmpfs appeared a while ago
5 >> (can't remember when) and I think that should have fixed the file
6 >> locking error from lvm, no? But it's not fixed for me.
7 >
8 > AFAIK the default lvm.conf still uses /var/run for locking_dir, /run on
9 > tmpfs is only half the solution, changing the config is the other half.
10
11 Correct, thanks! *Now* I remember reading that part of the thread :(
12
13 The reason this problem came up just today, I discovered, is that late
14 yesterday afternoon I was adding libreoffice 3.5.* to package.mask and
15 noticed that lvm2 was listed there. I couldn't remember why I'd added
16 lvm2 to the list so I commented it out. Thanks to you I remember why
17 I did, and the problem is now fixed :)
18
19 (Thanks also to Dale. Hope you're feeling better.)