From: Pongracz Istvan <pongracz.istvan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware-server + gentoo kernel 2.6.28 - compiling problem
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:06:17
1 2008. 12. 30, kedd keltezéssel 15.05-kor Paul Hartman ezt írta:
2
3 > > Dude, I am tired.............. :)
4 >
5 > Congratulations and enjoy your VMware until the next kernel release
6 > breaks everything again. :P
7 >
8 > Paul
9
10 Thank you Pauk :)
11
12 I think, it is better to get a linux friendly scanner to avoid using
13 vmware again.
14 Even they wrote, enjoy vmware, I can't. Not on my desktop to use this
15 bloody scanner nor on some servers.
16 We will migrate from vmware to openvz soon. There are some stupid
17 problems with vmware. For example the clock rate is different in the
18 same guest on two identical hosts (hardware+os). On one host the
19 internal clock working "well", but on the other host (same hardware/OS)
20 the clock speed is double. The mentioned solution did not work, of
21 course.
22
23 Anyway, if somebody has a working (but retired) linux friendly scanner
24 and he/she did not (or will) use it, please send it to me :)
25
26 Thank you and Happy New Year,
27 István
30 BSA. Mert megérdemlitek.