From: "White
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Rear & Genkernel
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 21:56:04
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm not sure if this needs submitting as a bug, or if I just need a little
4 help in configuring...
5
6 I have set up a new install of Gentoo. I use genkernel to create my kernel
7 and initrd.
8 The resulting /boot directory gives:
9 kernel-genkernel-x86-4.9.6-gentoo-r1
10
11 My chost is i686-pc-linux-gnu.
12
13 Now, I also have installed rear (relax-and-recover) v2, from git
14 (app-backup/rear is 1.17.1)
15
16 Problem: rear is looking for a kernel, and it expects it to be named:
17 kernel-genkernel-i686-4.9.6-gentoo-r1
18 Since the name doesn't match, it bails out with an error. (This only fails
19 with my i686 machine. Running the same configuration on a 64-bit machine
20 works fine)
21
22 Question: How am I going to fix this? I don't want to hard code anything in
23 the config file, as this will break when I update the kernel... Is this a
24 'bug'?
25
26 Thanks in advance,
27