From: Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] http-replicator permissions
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 09:48:13
1 On 04/05/11 18:14, KH wrote:
2 > Am 04.04.2011 21:30, schrieb Peter Humphrey:
3 >> On Monday 04 April 2011 19:12:03 William Kenworthy wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I dont think http-replicator can manage a directory structure - are you
6 >>> trying to do something fancier than just serving out tarballs?
7 >> Yes; I want it to mirror my portage tree and serve it to other boxes on the LAN.
8 >> It used to do this well enough; I just want to get the permissions right.
9 > Hi,
10 >
11 > why not using the handbook-way?
12 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml#doc_chap2
13 > I am doing it that way.
14 >
15 > Regards KH
16 +1
17
18 I've got four boxes in my home network, and I have one pull down the
19 updates, the other three sync with that one.
20
21 I've also set up proftpd to allow anonymous read-only access to my
22 /usr/portage/distfiles folder, so the other three can try to pull their
23 packages from locally first as well, and if that box hasn't downloaded
24 it yet, only then will they try to retrieve it from the Internet. See
25 http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Setup_local_Portage_and_Package_Mirror
26 for info.
27
28 Jake Moe