From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] http-replicator permissions
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 09:54:43
1 Am 05.04.2011 11:46, schrieb Jake Moe:
2 > On 04/05/11 18:14, KH wrote:
3 >> Am 04.04.2011 21:30, schrieb Peter Humphrey:
4 >>> On Monday 04 April 2011 19:12:03 William Kenworthy wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>> I dont think http-replicator can manage a directory structure - are you
7 >>>> trying to do something fancier than just serving out tarballs?
8 >>> Yes; I want it to mirror my portage tree and serve it to other boxes on the LAN.
9 >>> It used to do this well enough; I just want to get the permissions right.
10 >> Hi,
11 >>
12 >> why not using the handbook-way?
13 >> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml#doc_chap2
14 >> I am doing it that way.
15 >>
16 >> Regards KH
17 > +1
18 >
19 > I've got four boxes in my home network, and I have one pull down the
20 > updates, the other three sync with that one.
21 >
22 > I've also set up proftpd to allow anonymous read-only access to my
23 > /usr/portage/distfiles folder, so the other three can try to pull their
24 > packages from locally first as well, and if that box hasn't downloaded
25 > it yet, only then will they try to retrieve it from the Internet. See
26 > http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Setup_local_Portage_and_Package_Mirror
27 > for info.
28 >
29 > Jake Moe
30
31 Hi Jake Moe,
32
33 for the distfiles http-replicator is great. Example:
34 Box one has the tarball. Box 2, 3 and 4 can download it as well. Box one
35 does not have the tarball. Box 2 may search for it, box one will
36 download it and give it to box 2. Then box 3 and 4 can download it from
37 box one as well.
38
39 Regards KH
40 --