From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reinstall
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 14:32:37
1 On Wednesday, 11 May 2022 10:57:03 BST Francisco Ares wrote:
2
3 > Although the emerge lists is as huge as expected, it doesn't even start,
4 > portage says there are cyclic USE flags that I should avoid at the first
5 > moment, but may restore afterwards.
6 >
7 > But it doesn't say which are those USE flags that block each other.
8 >
9 > Is there any way to find those better than brute force?
10
11 Can you paste the few lines showing the first circle? Add -v to the emerge
12 command to show the USE flags in conflict.
13
14 I built a new system a few days ago, and I had to break out of a couple of
15 cycles, separately of course. I don't remember just what they were at the
16 moment, but seeing yours should help.
19 Regards,
20 Peter.