From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Reinstall
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 09:57:24
1 Hello
2
3 After a main HD failure, I'll have to reinstall Gentoo from almost zero - I
4 have a full and recent copy of the /etc directory and the file
5 /var/lib/portage/world in a secondary HD (along many personal backups).
6
7 Installation basics done, now it is time for an emerge world.
8
9 Although the emerge lists is as huge as expected, it doesn't even start,
10 portage says there are cyclic USE flags that I should avoid at the first
11 moment, but may restore afterwards.
12
13 But it doesn't say which are those USE flags that block each other.
14
15 Is there any way to find those better than brute force?
16
17 By the way, I also have a copy of all binary packages (I always use the -b
18 flag while emerging any package) in that second disk. But that didn't help
19 so far, even trying to use the -K flag. I thought on un-tar'ing those
20 binary packages by hand, but portage will be unaware of this, not knowing
21 the packages are installed.
22
23 Any hint will be greatly appreciated!
24
25 Thanks
26
27 Francisco