From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Hard drives not detected in repeatable order.
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 19:01:51
1 On 2011-10-03, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Just recently I've run in to problems because my hard drives are not
3 > detected in a predictable order, so my fstab that mount /dev/sdb1 and
4 > /dev/sdc1 sometimes result in directory trees in the wrong places
5 > (/dev/sda seems consistent, but I don't know why).
6
7 I still don't know what changed to cause disks ordering to become
8 non-deterministic. I recently upgraded from a single-core CPU to a
9 dual-core CPU. Would that do it?
10
11 > What's the recommended way to fix this?
12
13 After a bit more googling, it looks like this is what disk labels are
14 for. Never used them before, but it looks like it's time to give them
15 a go.
18 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! My mind is making
19 at ashtrays in Dayton ...
20 gmail.com