From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Plasma 5 moved to stable
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:17:18
1 On Monday, April 11, 2016 11:34:03 AM Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Saturday 09 April 2016 11:12:51 Mick wrote:
3 > > I noticed today that Plasma 5 is now stable, which means I will soon have
4 > > to deal with it.
5 >
6 > I saw that too, and it cast a gloom over the rest of my day. I intend to
7 > stick with KDE-4 until some more sensible themes become available in Plasma
8 > 5, so I hope someone will be keeping an archive of KDE-4 somewhere, as in
9 > the earlier case of KDE 3 -> 4.
10 >
11 > Last time I searched for Plasma 5 themes (or design methods, in case I might
12 > be able to create my own) I came up empty handed. My objection to the
13 > available one is that it's just ugly: acres of wasted space everywhere, and
14 > great blocks of solid colour, some of which are actually buttons without
15 > looking like them. Nothing subtle or sophisticated about it at all.
16 >
17 > If anyone can point me to a better theme I'll be grateful.
18
19 You could try the following:
20 http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/ocd-plasma5-theme?content=175772
21
22 I am not fully convinced, but then again, I quite like "Breeze Dark" with
23 "Air" so far. But still looking for a really nice one. (My design skills are
24 non-existent)
27 Joost