From: Andrew Tchernoivanov <tchernoivanov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trouble with alsasound
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:00:48
1 >The first tab is devices. They are all set to autodetect and when I
2 >press test on the three playback devices, I do hear sound.
3 >
4 >The second tab is sounds. When I click on any of the "Play" boxes
5 >*no* sound is produced. The corresponding files are present and I
6 >am in the audio group.
7
8 I have the same problem, but I didn't install gnome-audio package (I just
9 don't need system sounds). Try to test sounds
10 using Applications -> Sound&Video -> MoviePlayer.