From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: create an installable custom distro with gentoo?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:09:14
1 Marc Blumentritt ha scritto:
2
3 > Then create a tarball from it. You could call this tarball a stage4
4 > tarball, because it is a complete system (compared to a stage3 tarball).
5 >
6 > To create the tarball, leave the chroot an run something like this:
7 > tar -cjvpf /stage4.tar.bz2 /path/to/your/chroot
8 >
9 > Boot your old machine with a gentoo live cd and create partitions
10 > (follow the gentoo handbook to chapter 4) and copy your tarball to it.
11 >
12 > After unpacking the tarball, your system is nearly finished. All you
13 > need to do is to install grub (or your personal choice of bootloader)
14 > and that's it.
15
16 Thanks a lot, that's more or less what I thought to do.
17 I hoped for some integrated solution that attached some kind of nice
18 installer, but no problem.
19
20 > For this method you do not need a special install medium. But you have
21 > to find a way to copy the tarball to your system.
22 > Possible options are
23 > scp or on cd (in this case you need a second drive or boot your cd with
24 > the option to load the whole image to memory (I d'ont remember the name
25 > for it), but since you said you have an old machine, the memory will be
26 > small...).
29 Yes, this is quite boring, since I wouldn't like to rely on
30 network/double drive. Wouldn't it be possible to use a multisession
31 cd/dvd with the gentoo cd in the first session and the tarball in the
32 second (or editing the gentoo cd ISO)?
33
34 m.
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list