From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: DVD-"Container" ?
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 18:42:51
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> [10-06-08 20:32]:
2 > On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 19:26:57 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > Therefore, when trying to find tose files, which exactly
5 > > sum up to the size of a DVD (by the way: I know DVD-
6 > > sizes from a little below 4.3 GB to over 4.7GB...
7 >
8 > DVDs are 4.7GB or 4.3GiB.
9 >
10 > > what is
11 > > the truth?) I end up with a selected file here and another
12 > > one there. After the DVD is finished it is --hrmm-- not
13 > > efficient to find those in the related directories to
14 > > remove them after a successful copy.
15 >
16 > Do you have the same directory structure on the DVD? If so, the output
17 > of ls could be used to find and remove the source files.
20 > --
21 > Neil Bothwick
22 >
23 > Why is the word abbreviation so long?
24
25 Hi Neil,
26
27 thanks fro your reply!
28
29 ...may be I have used my brain today for too long and
30 more sleep than hacking,but.... 8)
31
32 4.3*1024 = 4403.2 = 4.403
33
34 This would give me 1032 times "no space left on device" ;)
35
36 No. the directory strukture can be totally different or slightly
37 different and may be some filenames will be changed.
38
39 I really need something. to which and from where I can move files
40 until "it" has "no space left on device"...
43 Best regards,
44 mcc
50 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
51 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
52 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
53 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.