From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: Stefan Wimmer <swimmer@××××××.nl>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Stefans posts on gentoo-user (was: [gentoo-user] Re: looking for a terminal w/ url activation capability)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 05:47:39
1 Stefan Wimmer schrieb:
2 > * Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
3 > wrote on Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:00:54 +0200 :
4 >> Somehow Stefan's posts get the Gentoo headers inserted somewhere in
5 >> the middle, meaning that filtering on the List-Id doesn't work for
6 >> his messages. Is this caused by his user agent (slrn/0.9.8.1)
7 >> composing defective messages, or by a mistake in the Gentoo mailing
8 >> list handling?
9 > Precedence: bulk
10 > List-Post: <mailto:gentoo-user@l.g.o>
11 > List-Help: <mailto:gentoo-user+help@g.o>
13 > List-Subscribe: <mailto:gentoo-user+subscribe@g.o>
14 > List-Id: Gentoo Linux mail <gentoo-user.gentoo.org>
15 > X-BeenThere: gentoo-user@g.o
16 > Reply-to: gentoo-user@l.g.o
17 >
18 > I'm afraid this is a consequence of using news.gmane.org with slrn as an
19 > interface to the mailing list :-/
20 >
21 > I already mentioned that in gmane.discuss but did not get any answer yet :(
22 >
23 > If anyone knows a solution for that I'd /love/ to hear ;-)
24 >
25 > Greetz
26 > Stefan
27 >
28 > PS: If the annoyance for you guys is too big I'll complain more on
29 > gmane.discuss to see if this can be reolveed ...
30
31 For me, the annoyance is very big, as your post miss the List-Id
32 header and becaues of that, your posts aren't properly filtered.
33 That's very annoying.
34
35 But somehow, I don't think that (only) gmane is "guilty". There
36 HAVE to be more people out there, who use slrn and gmane. Maybe
37 not on the Gentoo list, but there are so many lists, that you
38 cannot be the only one.
39
40 Alexander Skwar
41 --
42 "These are DARK TIMES for all mankind's HIGHEST VALUES!"
43 "These are DARK TIMES for FREEDOM and PROSPERITY!"
44 "These are GREAT TIMES to put your money on BAD GUY to kick the CRAP
45 out of MEGATON MAN!"
46 --
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list