From: Stefan Wimmer <swimmer@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Stefans posts on gentoo-user (was: Re: looking for a terminal w/ url activation capability)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:59:31
1 * Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> [2006-08-18 09:42]:
2 > Stefan Wimmer schrieb:
3 >> * Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
4 >> wrote on Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:00:54 +0200 :
5 >>> Somehow Stefan's posts get the Gentoo headers inserted somewhere in
6 >>> the middle, meaning that filtering on the List-Id doesn't work for
7 >>> his messages. Is this caused by his user agent (slrn/0.9.8.1)
8 >>> composing defective messages, or by a mistake in the Gentoo mailing
9 >>> list handling?
10 >>
11 >>I'm afraid this is a consequence of using news.gmane.org with slrn as an
12 >>interface to the mailing list :-/
13 >>
14 >>I already mentioned that in gmane.discuss but did not get any answer yet :(
15 >>If anyone knows a solution for that I'd /love/ to hear ;-)
16 >>
17 >>PS: If the annoyance for you guys is too big I'll complain more on
18 >> gmane.discuss to see if this can be reolveed ...
19 >
20 > For me, the annoyance is very big, as your post miss the List-Id
21 > header and becaues of that, your posts aren't properly filtered.
22 > That's very annoying.
23 >
24 > But somehow, I don't think that (only) gmane is "guilty". There
25 > HAVE to be more people out there, who use slrn and gmane. Maybe
26 > not on the Gentoo list, but there are so many lists, that you
27 > cannot be the only one.
28
29 Ok - I'm using mutt now and hopefully can avoid the annoying headers in
30 the body ...
31
32 I was looking a bit deeper in the case and still suspect news.gmane.org
33
34 Ok - I'm using mutt now and hopefully can avoid the annoying headers in
35 the body ...
36
37 I was looking a bit deeper in the case and still suspect news.gmane.org
38 since posts to other newsgroups like alt.os.linux.gentoo with the *same*
39 user agent (slrn/0.9.8.1) and the *same* settings don't move any headers
40 into the body.
41
42 I'll try to address that again at gmane.discuss but the responsible guys
43 there are not very responsive since I already made a note there and got
44 no reaction at all :-/
45
46 If anybody has a solution anyway let me hear please!!!
47
48 Greetz
49 Stefan
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list