From: Alarig Le Lay <alarig@××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel upgrade from 5.4 to 5.10: oldconfig "Restart config..."
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 12:19:02
1 On Sun 04 Apr 2021 23:56:05 GMT, Michael wrote:
2 > On Sunday, 4 April 2021 23:31:50 BST Alarig Le Lay wrote:
3 > > Hello,
4 > >
5 > > Has the 5.10 LTS has been stablised, I tried to upgrade it on some of my
6 > > boxes, but `make oldconfig` doesn’t want to use my old config:
7 > > Here is my make output: https://paste.swordarmor.fr/raw/2rRh
8 > > And here is my config: https://paste.swordarmor.fr/raw/YHaG
9 > >
10 > > Does anyone else has to redo its configuration, and did you manage to
11 > > reuse the old one?
12 > >
13 > > Thanks,
14 >
15 > The 'make oldconfig' script steps through the previous configuration
16 > selections and stops at any new options which require your input. In the
17 > pasted output you provided the first option asking for your input is your
18 > preferred compression algorithm for the kernel image. Choose any one of the
19 > list below, or leave it to default (gzip):
20 >
21 > Kernel compression mode
22 > > 1. Gzip (KERNEL_GZIP)
23 > 2. Bzip2 (KERNEL_BZIP2)
24 > 3. LZMA (KERNEL_LZMA)
25 > 4. XZ (KERNEL_XZ)
26 > 5. LZO (KERNEL_LZO)
27 > 6. LZ4 (KERNEL_LZ4)
28 > 7. ZSTD (KERNEL_ZSTD) (NEW)
29 > choice[1-7?]:
30 >
31 > Then proceed to the next kernel option and so on.
32
33 Ah yes indeed, I never had a choice that early in the process. Thus, I
34 never saw the "Restart config..." and I misunderstood it. Thanks :D
37 Alarig