From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hardware upgrade and Gentoo
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:48:25
1 On 7/18/07, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > instead of two emerge --emptytree it would be faster to just nuke the
3 > installation....
4 >
5 > I agree. Just back up /etc, make a copy of your world file and any other
6 > config files you may need and start from scratch. At least then you KNOW
7 > for sure where you started from and that something didn't get missed
8 > somewhere.
9 >
10 > Oh, don't forget /home either.
13 I was just going to reply about that when you remind me I can keep the
14 world file, and all the portage configs...
15
16 Maybe I'll start from scratch then, copy the configs back and start an
17 "emerge -uDN world" to get it all back, I guess this will save me some
18 time, as I have all the tarballs from this two years at a network
19 storage using NTFS.
22 Daniel da Veiga
23 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
29 --