From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Preserving the initial partionin/formatting of an usbstick
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 07:24:17
1 On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:36:15 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Also worth mentioning is dcfldd which unlike dd can show progress of
4 > the bit stream and also produce hashes of the transferred output. It
5 > has the same performance as the dd command though.
6
7 I can't find the reference right now, but I did read that dcfldd
8 determines the best block size on the fly if none is given. It's
9 certainly faster than dd when copying images to USB frives (my main use
10 for it) when given no block size.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.