From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Preserving the initial partionin/formatting of an usbstick
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 17:37:13
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> [16-03-30 17:12]:
2 > On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:36:15 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 > > Also worth mentioning is dcfldd which unlike dd can show progress of
5 > > the bit stream and also produce hashes of the transferred output. It
6 > > has the same performance as the dd command though.
7 >
8 > I can't find the reference right now, but I did read that dcfldd
9 > determines the best block size on the fly if none is given. It's
10 > certainly faster than dd when copying images to USB frives (my main use
11 > for it) when given no block size.
14 > --
15 > Neil Bothwick
16 >
17 > There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.
18
19 Sounds it will be the tool of choice for that purpose, Neil ! :)
20
21 Best regards,
22 Meino