From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I eject an audio CD inside Gnome?
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 16:49:40
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 13:35 on Saturday 04 June 2011, Indi did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > You say OS X is "good enough"
5 > I say you've got some mighty low standards.
6
7 My manager's predecessor's precedessor's precedessor had the same thing with
8 SuSE and installed that goddamn piece of shit on 100+ boxes.
9
10 Sure, it all looks neat after first install. Sybase ASE goes on and starts up
11 real nice as do all sorts of other proprietary (and despoke) apps. Wait 6
12 months, try do a perfectly reasonable upgrade. Something easy like, say
13 syslog-ng-1.6 to syslog-ng-3.x. Carnage.
14
15 There's a certain mentality that goes with these New! Improved! Shiny! OSes
16 and their magic sauce special apps. They only work if you use it exactly as
17 the vendors thinks - which is necessarily an extremely narrow view.
18
19 /etc ain't broke, I can't understand why SuSE insists on fixing it
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com