From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo older versions
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 17:30:46
1 Nitin Kanaskar wrote:
2 > Ok - I am not clear about the terminology -
3 > packages, versions...
4 > But i need to install gentoo 2004/2005 - if this
5 > is right. I am a graduate student doing research on
6 > vulnerabilities, exploits and IDS. Hence I am looking
7 > for older gentoo installations which i know have
8 > some vulnerabilities.
9 > If i have to build whole OS from source, I am willing
10 > to do that - but could not find any resource on that
11 > old stuff.
12 >
13 > Hope I am clear about why I am looking for
14 > such old stuff.
15
16 That's not really feasible. You should look into older versions of
17 something like Debian, Fedora, (open)SUSE or something else instead.