From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "Nuno J. Silva" <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge is not switching mirror when one is down
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:15:35
1 On Thursday 15 July 2010 17:24:38 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
2 > Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com> writes:
3 > [...]
4 >
5 > >> > On 15/07/10 02:16, Xi Shen wrote:
6 > >> >> hi,
7 > >> >>
8 > >> >> i have multiple mirrors configured in GENTOO_MIRRORS, /etc/make.conf.
9 > >> >> i noticed that if the 1st mirror is down, emerge will continuously
10 > >> >> try the 1st mirror. i remember it should switch to the 2nd server
11 > >> >> after the try failed 3 times. how can i configure it to switch
12 > >> >> mirrors automatically?
13 >
14 > [...]
15 >
16 > > i tried the mirrorselect, and the generated GENTOO_MIRRORS is as follow:
17 > >
18 > > GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.localhost.net.ar/
19 > > ftp://mirrors.localhost.net.ar/pub/mirrors/gentoo/"
20 >
21 > Is this really a newline, or that's just your/my mail client wordwrapping
22 > it?
23
24 It gets complicated. Depending on the font size I use and the wordwrap setting
25 in my mailer, the line may or may not split at that point.
26
27 So I dug out his original mail to the list, viewed the source - it was
28 unwrapped plaintext - and copy-pasted the line into somewhere I could view it
29 with a hex editor. And it was a newline (0x10)
30
31 So some translation must have happened somewhere. Perhaps the original
32 character was a non-breaking space or a para break and my X buffer decided to
33 render it as a newline before pasting. Odd indeed.
34
35 The OP should simply edit his make.conf, remove whatever seperator he has
36 there and make it a real space.
39 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com