From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge is not switching mirror when one is down
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:06:41
1 Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com> writes:
2 [...]
3 >> > On 15/07/10 02:16, Xi Shen wrote:
4 >> >> hi,
5 >> >>
6 >> >> i have multiple mirrors configured in GENTOO_MIRRORS, /etc/make.conf.
7 >> >> i noticed that if the 1st mirror is down, emerge will continuously try
8 >> >> the 1st mirror. i remember it should switch to the 2nd server after
9 >> >> the try failed 3 times. how can i configure it to switch mirrors
10 >> >> automatically?
11 [...]
12 > i tried the mirrorselect, and the generated GENTOO_MIRRORS is as follow:
13 >
14 > GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.localhost.net.ar/
15 > ftp://mirrors.localhost.net.ar/pub/mirrors/gentoo/"
16
17 Is this really a newline, or that's just your/my mail client wordwrapping it?
18
19 > and this is my original value:
20 > GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirrors.sohu.com/gentoo/ http://mirrors.163.com/gentoo/"
21 >
22 > what's the difference? except the url...
23
24 If that was a newline, that's the only difference. If it is not, there
25 is no difference.
26
27 Do you, by any chance, have a custom FETCHCOMMAND?
28
29 My /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example shows a default of 5
30 tries (-t 5), using wget.
33 Nuno J. Silva
34 gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg