From: Amar Cosic <amar.cosic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FIle type recognition in Gnome
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:52:32
1 Amar Ćosić
2 amar.cosic@×××××.com
3 amar@××××.ba
4 +38761240095
5 http://www.amar.ba
9 On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 2:27 AM, Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>wrote:
10
11 > On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 00:15 +0000, amar.cosic@×××××.com wrote:
12 > > Hello list
13 > >
14 > > I have this weird issue with Gnome and diferent file types. For ex. if
15 > > I double click on .avi file it try's to open it with document viewer
16 > > (gedit i guess). And If I go right click>properties>open with> then
17 > > chose Movie player.. then it opens .avi in Totem. But thing is after
18 > > that it will try to open every file type in Totem ie. .txt .zip .. Its
19 > > like it doesnt recognize and assign right aplication to file type. Any
20 > > sugestions on this?
23 > I've never seen this before. Something is really messed up. BTW
24 > "Document Viewer" is usually Evince.
25 >
26 > Well you didn't specify what version of GNOME you are using. Perhaps
27 > your
28 > ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list,
29 > /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache or /usr/share/application-registry is
30 > hosed.
31 >
32 > -a
36 > Gnome is 2.22.3 and its new for me too. This is only 20-ish day old
37 installation,and for first 10 days it acctualy worked OK.My mimeapps.list
38 looks like this:
39
40 [Added Associations]
41 video/x-msvideo=totem.desktop;
42 text/plain=totem-usercustom.desktop;evince.desktop;file-roller.desktop;
43
44 mimeinfo.cache is here http://omploader.org/vMTk0YQ and
45 gnome-vfs.applications from application-registry is here
46 http://omploader.org/vMTk0Yg