From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: confessions of a former USE=
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 20:17:19
1 On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 20:14:28 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:00:54 -0500, »Q« wrote:
5 >
6 > > > I don't mind this so much, as when flags become deprecated and
7 > > > there is no notification, or a tool, to ferret out such
8 > > > dead-flags....
9 > >
10 > > I should qualify that -- a lot of the descriptions suck, not all of
11 > > them. When in doubt, I let the profile decide.
12 > >
13 > > I think app-portage/ufed automagicly gets rid of dead flags
14 > > whenever it saves make.conf.
15 >
16 > That would be a useful addition to eix-test-obsolete, unless it's
17 > already there and I missed it.
18
19 It certainly would. I've just tried to find it in man eix and
20 couldn't, but there's a lot in there.
21
22 I'm going through my /etc/portage/package.use/ now (forgot about that
23 yesterday) and I've come across a few flags which don't exist any more.
24 As with the flags in my make.conf, I'm able to simply delete most of
25 what I had in package.use/ and the process is going quickly.