From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] packages/All - how to create ?
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:35:28
1 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > On 30 Oct, András Csányi wrote:
3 >
4 >> 2008/10/30 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>:
5 >>
6 >>> Hi,
7 >>>
8 >>> I have a (nearly) identical Gentoo system on several machines.
9 >>> On all machines except one, there is a directory
10 >>>
11 >>> /usr/portage/packages/All
12 >>>
13 >>> which contains symlinks to the packages in the specific
14 >>> directories. This is quite comfortable when copying the
15 >>> most recent packages.
16 >>>
17 >>> How can I set up GenToo to create and maintain this directory?
18 >>>
19 >> If you set up in the /etc/make.conf file the FEATURES="buildpkg" the
20 >> portage will maintain the /usr/portage/packages/All directory
21 >> automatically.
24 > Unfortunately this is not the case here.
25 > The packages are built but no 'All' subdirectory is created nor
26 > maintained.
30 I'm not sure you are correct in this. I have this set up in my
31 make.conf and it takes care of the All/ directory on this system and has
32 done so for about 5 or 6 years now. It works. My settings:
33
34 FEATURES="buildsyspkg sandbox fixpackages "
35
36 Mine only keeps system packages but it can be set up several different ways.
37
38 Dale