From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] bash completion for paths not working
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:14:10
1 Hi,
2 On one machine of mine, and only one machine, bash completion is
3 not working for my user account when I try to complete a path. I hit
4 tab and nothing happens. Bash completion is working for files though.
5 I can do bash completion in my home directory and get a list of files,
6 but if I try to complete /usr/sr but hitting a tab it just sits and
7 does nothing.
8
9 It works fine for root.
10
11 What turns this feature on for a user? I copied a good .bashrc file
12 from a working machine over and logged back into the bad machine but
13 that didn't fix it.
14
15 man bash makes it look like it should be on by default.
16
17 Thanks for the unix lesson.
18
19 Cheers,