From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UPS and serial or USB connections
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 06:12:09
1 On Mon, September 17, 2012 8:48 pm, Dale wrote:
2 > I still have not hooked this thing up yet. We have storms predicted
3 > here over the next couple days so I figure I will get a chance to switch
4 > whether I want to reboot or not. :/ I live close to the end of the
5 > power lines, phone lines and everything else including the road. If
6 > anything happens, we lose the connection. There are lots of trees
7 > between here and town.
8 >
9 > I'll post the results when I get switched over. Then we have a answer
10 > to the question.
11
12 Dale,
13
14 A good way to test a new UPS is to use it to power a light and hook up the
15 USB/Serial/... to a computer to see what information you can get out of it
16 in the various "normal" situations of "plugged in" and "not plugged in"
17
18 You don't need to reboot your machine for that. :)
21 Joost