From: Bo Andresen <bo.andresen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happens with masked packages?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:11:45
1 On Sunday 26 February 2006 06:16, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > Again, hard to do automatically. Wheras, if I could just set
3 > ACCEPT_UPSTREAM="BETA" I'd get all the betas. Or I could use
4 > package.upstream and but in "kde-extra/kaffeine ALPHA" and get anything
5 > assigned more than a snapshot number for that package. (Instead of
6 > manually checking after each sync to see if there's a new, masked
7 > version.)
8
9 How exactly is is you want this to work. I mean for example
10 gaim-2.0.0_beta2-r1 is a beta and it's very unstable (well, it crashed
11 occasionally for me). In order to get it you need to put it in package.unmask
12 and package.keywords. Do you want to have to put it package.upstream too? Or
13 don't you want it to be masked even though it's very unstable? Should
14 package.upstream override package.mask?
17 Bo Andresen
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list