From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happens with masked packages?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 05:21:56
1 On Saturday 25 February 2006 17:47, Mariusz Pękala <skoot@××.pl> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] What happens with masked packages?':
3 > On 2006-02-25 13:34:28 -0600 (Sat, Feb), Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
4 > > > > So, betas shouldn't ever be ~arch? Or is your definition of
5 > > > > stable broad enough to include betas?
6 > > >
7 > > > Entirely dependent on the upstream. I've had Vim beta releases in
8 > > > ~arch, for example, because I'm confident in upstream's ability to
9 > > > do beta releases without screwing up.
10 > >
11 > > So, it's based on the collective opinion of the gentoo developers?
12 > > Wouldn't it be better to put that in the hands of the gentoo user?
13 >
14 > IMHO it already is. It's called PORTAGE_OVERLAY.
15
16 Again, hard to do automatically. Wheras, if I could just set
17 ACCEPT_UPSTREAM="BETA" I'd get all the betas. Or I could use
18 package.upstream and but in "kde-extra/kaffeine ALPHA" and get anything
19 assigned more than a snapshot number for that package. (Instead of
20 manually checking after each sync to see if there's a new, masked
21 version.)
24 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
25 bss03@××××××××××.net
26 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy