From: "Mariusz Pękala" <skoot@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happens with masked packages?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:59:47
1 On 2006-02-25 13:34:28 -0600 (Sat, Feb), Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > > > So, betas shouldn't ever be ~arch? Or is your definition of stable
3 > > > broad enough to include betas?
4 > >
5 > > Entirely dependent on the upstream. I've had Vim beta releases in
6 > > ~arch, for example, because I'm confident in upstream's ability to do
7 > > beta releases without screwing up.
8 >
9 > So, it's based on the collective opinion of the gentoo developers?
10 > Wouldn't it be better to put that in the hands of the gentoo user?
11
12 IMHO it already is. It's called PORTAGE_OVERLAY.
15 No virus found in this outgoing message.
16 Checked by "grep -i virus $MESSAGE"
17 Trust me.