From: ames <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: NFS vs. jumbo frames
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:27:41
1 kashani <kashani-list <at> badapple.net> writes:
4 > >> Just curious: What kind of network (layer 2) is this that allows an MTU of
5 > >> 9000?
6 > >> Uwe
7
8 > > It sounds like Gigabit Ethernet to me.
9
10 > Keep in mind that not all fastE or gigE switches support jumbo frames.
11 > Additionally not all cards support jumbo frames either though you can
12 > certainly set them to an MTU of 9000 and watch things break.
13
14 > To the original poster, I'd do some googling and verify that all the
15 > network cards and switches involved can do jumbo frames and that it is
16 > enabled on each device as needed.
17
18 > kashani
22 Does NFS have any negotiations to determine if jumbo frames can work
23 between 2 system, then use a smaller mtu if a larger (jumbo) mtu
24 is not suppported between devices?
27 James
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list