From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive noise
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 01:06:27
1 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> That would likely work. I've also used a water hose to do that on
6 >> cars. I'm not sure how well that will work since the drives are only
7 >> like a inch apart. With the screwdriver I might even be able to feel
8 >> it. It's not very loud but I can hear it. One reason I can hear it so
9 >> well, the fans on my case are very quiet. In a quiet room, I can't hear
10 >> the fans. I can hear this drive noise even with the TV at a reasonable
11 >> level. With no TV, I can hear it pretty well. My water hose trick
12 >> wouldn't likely work but your screwdriver idea might work in more than
13 >> one way.
14 >>
15 >> I also found this after the reply from Ian.
16 >>
17 >> https://www.backblaze.com/blog/3tb-hard-drive-failure/
18 >>
19 >> No wonder they had it on sale. Heck, why didn't they just say it was a
20 >> good door stop instead of a hard drive???
21 > I always try to get something a bit better than consumer drives, at
22 > least the equivalent of Western Digital Red which now has a longer
23 > warranty -- notice that a lot of drives have only ONE year warranties
24 > now? Doesn't that make you feel warm and fuzzy?
28 I'm feeling something but I don't think warm and fuzzy would be it. :-@@
29
30 Dale
31