From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: firehol + gentoo 3.6.11 kernel....
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 20:13:04
1 On Tuesday 19 Feb 2013 16:20:20 James wrote:
2 > Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl <at> gentoo.org> writes:
3 > > Yes, I use it.
4 > > Just enable all non experimental iptables settings at kernel including
5 > > NAT.
6 >
7 > A while back, Mick posted on some updates to Arno's firewall work:
8 >
9 > net-firewall/arno-iptables-firewall
10 >
11 > I do not have the info handy, but you could google it
12 > or maybe mick can post the link again....
13 >
14 > I found Arno's approach very instructive for rule making,
15 > research and as a reference.
16 >
17 > That said, firewalls and transparent bridges are moving forward
18 > at the speed of light. Many new featuures in the kernel
19 > as wells a different approaches to security. If you intend
20 > to "hack" in this area, you need to get current and find a
21 > compatible group for the latest information....
22 >
23 > good hunting.....as it is very time consuming
24 >
25 > ymmv,
26 > James
27
28 Here it is, I'm just trying the latest ~2.0.1d version as we speak, which also
29 includes IPv6 rules:
30
31 http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=63
34 Regards,