From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: firehol + gentoo 3.6.11 kernel....
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:20:58
1 Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > Yes, I use it.
5 > Just enable all non experimental iptables settings at kernel including NAT.
6
7 A while back, Mick posted on some updates to Arno's firewall work:
8
9 net-firewall/arno-iptables-firewall
10
11 I do not have the info handy, but you could google it
12 or maybe mick can post the link again....
13
14 I found Arno's approach very instructive for rule making,
15 research and as a reference.
16
17 That said, firewalls and transparent bridges are moving forward
18 at the speed of light. Many new featuures in the kernel
19 as wells a different approaches to security. If you intend
20 to "hack" in this area, you need to get current and find a
21 compatible group for the latest information....
22
23 good hunting.....as it is very time consuming
24
25 ymmv,
26 James