From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 22:47:51
1 > Surely not libs, those go
2 > in /usr/lib or /lib. If it's variable data somehow related to libs
3 > then someone needs to look up lib in a dictionary.
6 I have to say I was shocked a while back when I found /usr/bin/firefox
7 linking to a shell script at /usr/lib/firefox/firefox
8
9 I'd be interested if anyone can explain that oddity? I see one
10 other on this system. Perhaps systemd-udev copied firefox?
11
12 > If it really is lib code, then my question is "how exactly is this
13 > stuff variable to warrant being in /var?"
14
15 Maybe it's for JIT on steroids. JIT for pid1, what an unnerving thought.
19
20 'Write programs that do one thing and do it well. Write programs to work
21 together. Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a
22 universal interface'
23
24 (Doug McIlroy)