From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem making bootable usb key
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 10:56:27
1 On Wed, April 8, 2009 7:20 pm, maxim wexler wrote:
2 >
3 >> Was quite easy using "unetbootin", it's in the portage
4 >> tree.
5 >> There is also a MS Windows version of this tool.
6 >> "emerge -va unetbootin"
7 >
8 > Thanks Joost,
9 >
10 > I did an emerge -pv unetbootin earlier but there were lots of blocks and
11 > masks plus it wants >100M downloads and I only get 2k from dialup here.
12 >
13 > Didn't realize there was a Windows version. Better not wipe XP yet!
14 >
15 > So I got this:
16 >
17 > http://launchpad.net/unetbootin/trunk/276.exe/+download/unetbootin-eeeubuntu-windows-276.exe
18 >
19 > (3.5M)and pointed it at the iso. Did the deed and rebooted. Now it's
20 > telling me:
23 > Invalid or corrupt kernel image.
24 >
25 > So I guess it's back to the Wifi Cafe to dawdle over my coffee for an hour
26 > while I download another. Better run the checksum this time -- if Xandros
27 > has the tool!
28
29 Maxim,
30
31 Judging from the footer from yahoo, I am guessing you're in Canada?
32 Too bad, if you were closer to me, we could meet and probably do the
33 install in a cafe or somewhere...
34
35 Don't forget to format the usb-stick prior to running "unetbootin".
36
37 Good luck and keep us posted.
40 Joost