From: "Stefán István" <stefi@××××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] App/plugin to play CD?
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 10:44:38
1 hétfõ 08 május 2006 11.32 dátummal Walter Dnes ezt írta:
2 > I've been so used to playing mp3 files that I'm lost with real live
3 > audio CDs (not a data CD with mp3 files). The XMMS docs aren't really
4 > helpful. Do I need an additional plug-in? mplayer is worse.
5 > "mplayer /dev/cdrom" tries to play a file by that name. I emerged
6 > cdplay and "cdplay -c -v" gets the CD spinning and the output indicates
7 > that it is playing, but I get no sound. I have unmuted the CD player
8 > and set its volume via alsactl. One additional complication is that
9 > there is no headphone jack near the CD tray, so I assume I have to go
10 > via the soundcard.
11
12 Has your CD player been connected with your sound card? If not, I think you
13 won't hear any sound.
14
15 Istvan
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list