From: Harald Arnesen <harald@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] App/plugin to play CD?
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 16:03:30
1 Stefán István <stefi@××××××××××××.hu> writes:
2
3 > hétfõ 08 május 2006 11.32 dátummal Walter Dnes ezt írta:
4 >> I've been so used to playing mp3 files that I'm lost with real live
5 >> audio CDs (not a data CD with mp3 files). The XMMS docs aren't really
6 >> helpful. Do I need an additional plug-in? mplayer is worse.
7 >> "mplayer /dev/cdrom" tries to play a file by that name. I emerged
8 >> cdplay and "cdplay -c -v" gets the CD spinning and the output indicates
9 >> that it is playing, but I get no sound. I have unmuted the CD player
10 >> and set its volume via alsactl. One additional complication is that
11 >> there is no headphone jack near the CD tray, so I assume I have to go
12 >> via the soundcard.
13 >
14 > Has your CD player been connected with your sound card? If not, I think you
15 > won't hear any sound.
16
17 You don't need a cable from the CD player to the sound card with xmms:
18
19 Options -> Preferences -> Audio I/O Plugins -> Audio CD Reader ->
20 Configure -> Output -> Read Digital CD Audio
21 --
22 Hilsen Harald.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list