From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KVM problems - anyone know _why_ it happens?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 21:22:11
1 On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 12:18:17 -0800
3 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 <SNIP>
5 >> On my setup I use a GTX465 for screen 0 & 1 but have an NVidia 8400GS
6 >> for screen 2. On this system I only see the gears on screen 0 & 1. On
7 >> screen 2 I see just a black box and the FPS count skyrockets as the
8 >> CPU/GPU aren't really doing anything so it goes through the loop very
9 >> fast. Also, on this system the Ctrl-F8 thing mouse to the upper left
10 >> corner don't work at all.
11 >>
12 >> I've assumed that's because I'm using two different NVidia cards.
13 >>
14 >> - Mark
17 > The docs for the nVidia driver go into this in quite some detail, and
18 > it's related to how the nVidia hardware is built plus how the nVidia
19 > software works plus how Xinerama works. Basically, not all combinations
20 > are supported, especially when you have different "screens" (that's the
21 > nVidia concept of a screen, not the X concept) with different
22 > resolutions on different GPUs. Or something like that, but I don;t have
23 > the docs to have anymore since my last 8600M went to visit the silicon
24 > daddy in the sky
25 >
26 > --
27 > Alan McKinnnon
28 > alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
32 Thanks Alan. I've looked at those docs in days long past myself, but
33 never really needed this sort of info. I'll go back and check them out
34 again.
35
36 Cheers,
37 Mark