From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is this a bug in firefox-36.0?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 06:53:28
1 On Saturday 21 Mar 2015 03:37:59 »Q« wrote:
2 > > Second, I "fixed" the problem once by rebooting my wireless router,
3 > > but got the same error again early this morning -- which I "fixed"
4 > > once again by rebooting my wireless router. This makes me worry that
5 > > somebody out there in the evil internet might be changing the
6 > > security settings of my router (which is owned by my ISP and has
7 > > remotely updateable firmware).
8 >
9 > Sorry, I have no idea how to investigate that.
10
11 Next time your router starts playing up, use nslookup and perhaps dig to query
12 your router's DNS repeater, your ISPs resolvers and any other 3rd party DNS
13 servers; e.g. openDNS, Google, or a DNS server from here:
14
15 http://www.circleid.com/posts/20110407_top_public_dns_resolvers_compared/
16
17 so that you can draw comparisons to help you determine where the problem lies.
18 If it is your router, you can ask your ISP to replace it.
19
20 If the ISP is not cooperating could perhaps run your own local DNS resolver?
23 Regards,
24 Mick