From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is this a bug in firefox-36.0?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 03:38:49
1 On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:18:23 -0700
2 walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 03/19/2015 05:15 PM, »Q« wrote:
5 > >> The OCSP server
6 > >> > experienced an internal error. (Error code:
7 > >> > sec_error_ocsp_server_error)
8 > >> >
9 > >> > The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
10 > >> > authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
11 >
12 > > Why didn't you say so? ;)
13 > >
14 > > Enter "about:config" in the address bar, search for
15 > > "security.OCSP.require" and toggle it to false, which is the default
16 > > (Mozilla's shipped default, at least).
17 >
18 > Very interesting, thanks.
19 >
20 > Now that I have an expert's brain to pick :) maybe you can answer two
21 > more questions for me:
22 >
23 > I know I didn't change that flag myself, but something did. Do you
24 > know if firefox extensions/addons can change the items in
25 > about:config?
26
27 I won't cop to being an expert! But yes, extensions can change
28 settings, and AFAIK if/when that happens there is no way to tell what
29 extension has done what to them. If an extension changed that
30 particular setting, I'd guess it would be an extension meant to tighten
31 security.
32
33 > Second, I "fixed" the problem once by rebooting my wireless router,
34 > but got the same error again early this morning -- which I "fixed"
35 > once again by rebooting my wireless router. This makes me worry that
36 > somebody out there in the evil internet might be changing the
37 > security settings of my router (which is owned by my ISP and has
38 > remotely updateable firmware).
39
40 Sorry, I have no idea how to investigate that.