From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is this a bug in firefox-36.0?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 00:18:44
1 On 03/19/2015 05:15 PM, »Q« wrote:
2 >> The OCSP server
3 >> > experienced an internal error. (Error code:
4 >> > sec_error_ocsp_server_error)
5 >> >
6 >> > The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
7 >> > authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
8
9 > Why didn't you say so? ;)
10 >
11 > Enter "about:config" in the address bar, search for
12 > "security.OCSP.require" and toggle it to false, which is the default
13 > (Mozilla's shipped default, at least).
14
15 Very interesting, thanks.
16
17 Now that I have an expert's brain to pick :) maybe you can answer two
18 more questions for me:
19
20 I know I didn't change that flag myself, but something did. Do you
21 know if firefox extensions/addons can change the items in about:config?
22
23 Second, I "fixed" the problem once by rebooting my wireless router, but
24 got the same error again early this morning -- which I "fixed" once again
25 by rebooting my wireless router. This makes me worry that somebody out
26 there in the evil internet might be changing the security settings of my
27 router (which is owned by my ISP and has remotely updateable firmware).
28
29 Thanks again.